Ferguson confident of Manchester United legacy

弗格森爵士相信曼联精神

• Ferguson believes continuity has been key to club's success
• 22-season veteran refuses to be drawn on retirement date

•弗格森爵士相信延续性是俱乐部成功的钥匙
•服务了22个赛季的老兵否认退休

James Callow

詹姆斯.卡罗

Sir Alex Ferguson believes Manchester United will be well placed to continue their reign of success long beyond his own tenure at Old Trafford.

弗格森爵士相信即便是他退休了,曼联也将长期保持统治力。

The United manager, who turns 67 on New Year's Eve, has refused to set a date for his retirement nor earmark a potential successor, but he nevertheless feels assured that the staff he has assembled over his 22-year reign can continue in his stead.

曼联经理新年就67岁了,拒绝为自己设定退休日期,也拒绝划定接班人。但他依然相信自己22年建立的组织体系将长期发挥作用。

Talking to the the Manchester Evening News, Ferguson said: "This club is in great condition and has fantastic staff. What you have got to remember about this club is its continuity of staff.

弗格森爵士对曼彻斯特晚报说:“曼联情况不错,有很好的人才。你要记住曼联在人才上是很有延续性的。

"Some of the staff members have been with me a long time. My first signing at the club is still here. Les Kershaw joined the club in 1987, I made him chief scout and he did a magnificent job. He was probably one of my best ever signings.

“有些人已经和我一起很久了。我在俱乐部雇的第一个人今天还在。赖斯.科尔邵1987年就加入曼联,我任命他为首席球探,他干得不错。他可能是我雇的最棒的一个人。

"He was followed by people like Jim Ryan, Brian McClair — who's now academy director — Dave Bushell, Matt Dempsey, Tony Whelan, Paul McGuinness. These guys have been here for over 15 years, so when I go I would presume all these lads would still be in place and working hard for United."

“还有吉姆.莱恩,布莱恩.迈克莱尔之类的人。德芙.布舍尔,马特.丹普西,托尼.蕙兰,保罗.麦基尼斯。这些人都服务了超过15年,所以当我退休的时候,这些人还将继续为曼联效力。”

helloguy 发表于 2009-1-5 14:14:27

爵爷是曼联永远的神guilian

nanfeng 发表于 2009-1-12 16:56:34

蛮期待今年的冠军杯   曼联的表现的!
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 弗格森爵士相信曼联精神